Skip To Main Content

Fast Facts

School History

Image App

Built in 1968 and expanded in 1990, Pearson Elementary at Calverton was named for Harry Marvin Pearson, who was associated with the Fauquier County Public School system for 40 years. Joining the Fauquier school system in 1925, he served as principal of Bealeton High School, then supervisory principal, county elementary supervisor, supervisor of instruction, and director of instruction, the position from which he retired in 1965. In 1971 the Pearson Elementary PTO presented Mr. Pearson with a citation recognizing his 44 years in education (four in another division). A plaque bearing the same wording hangs in the school lobby.